Beyond the Technology: Rethinking assessment and feedback – shifting to digital assessment
Go to Source
In this episode, we’re joined by Simon Walker, director of programme development at University College London, to discuss how they have moved to digital assessment by default.
Simon starts by talking through the challenges they have been facing with assessment, including how they had previously recognised that it was out of kilter with the student’s expectations for a modern education system. The pandemic enabled them to take a bold step toward adapting their practices, adopting an end-to-end digital assessment platform.
We then discuss how they have supported staff with their assessment and feedback practices, adopting a team of digital assessment advisers who help onboard faculties and share best practices.
- Read the Capstone Assessment Evaluation research
- Check out some of the assessment resources from UCL: Designing effective online assessment, UCL assessment load model, Teaching toolkits
- Find out more about the Assessment UCL project
- Try the Assessment visualisation tool
- Read the assessment and feedback higher education landscape review
- Read our guide on the principles of good assessment and feedback
- Subscribe to our Headlines newsletter, which has all the latest edtech news, guidance and events tailored to you
- Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you’d like to come on the show or know someone who might suit the series
Director of programme development at University College London
Head of learning and teaching transformation, higher education, Jisc
Follow Sarah on Twitter
Digital campaign manager, Jisc