Author: George Couros
Go to Source
I am really looking forward to starting up a book study with Drawn to Teach on Instagram. It is a quick process that will encourage participants to reflect on their teaching while connecting with other teachers. This is a book published by IMPress in coordination with Dave Burgess Consulting and is visually stunning while being an engaging, yet easy read.
The book study for Drawn to Teach will kick off on April 22nd, 2019. It will last for less than two weeks and is something you can easily drop in and out or stay a part of for the entire process. If you have a copy of Drawn to Teach, it will be helpful but certainly not required. Other than the book, the process is free, and if you have a copy, you are all set!
The goal of the book study will be to go through a chapter every two days. For example, chapter one content, questions, and media will be shared for two days before moving to the next chapter. Each day, questions or challenges for each chapter will be posted that you can either respond to in the comments on the post or create your own post.
Each day of the book study (or as you see fit), participants will be asked to share a reflection in some form on what they have read. It can be a video that they talk or share something, a visual they create, or whatever you can think of that can be represented through Instagram like a “Booksnap” (information on that from Tara Martin here).
There are many ways you can share your learning through Instagram, so please do not limit it to my suggestions.
I encourage participants to share in the following manner:
- Share your post to the hashtag #Drawn2Teach and the applicable chapter reading. For each chapter, the second hashtag will be the following:
Intro – #Drawn2TeachIntro
Chapter 1 – #Drawn2TeachCH1
Chapter 2 – #Drawn2TeachCH2
Chapter 3 – #Drawn2TeachCH3
(Continued for all 6 chapters)
- Each post should have #Drawn2Teach AND the appropriate chapter hashtag. You can share any other hashtags that you see fit for the process as well.
- Tag me (@gcouros and @stumpteacher) on the post on Instagram. I will do my best to see as many as possible and comment. You are more than welcome to follow me on Instagram as well, but my account is open, so you do not necessarily have to do so.
- Write as much as little or as much as you want in the subject line on your reflection.
- Feel free to use the story feature to share your learning as well.
*Please note that if your account is private only people that follow you will be able to see what you share.
This process is something that I am still learning, but I learned so much from the group last time, and it was hugely beneficial. My ultimate hope is that this endeavor opens new and better doors for learning in the classroom that participants create for themselves. Bear with me as I am growing through the process as well.
The dates for the reading are the following:
|April 22nd and 23rd, 2019||Introduction and Chapter 1|
|April 24th and 25th, 2019||Chapter 2|
|April 26th and 27th, 2019||Chapter 3|
|April 28th and 29th, 2019||Chapter 4|
|April 30th and May 1st, 2019||Chapter 5|
|May 2nd and 3rd, 2019||Chapter 6|
|May 4th and 5th, 2019||It Will Happen Sections|
As well, please sign up here so I can try to follow all of the accounts that are taking part:
We look forward to the process and you taking the time to join us!
Source: George Couros