Go to Source
We all like to see good e-learning examples. That’s one reason I really enjoy the e-learning challenges. They’re little nuggets of creativity. They’re usually not full-fledged courses, but they often have some interesting elements.
In a recent challenge on course starter templates for leadership training, community member, Andrzej Jabłoński, shared a really nice example. Check it out below.
Here’s what stood out:
- The visual design is fun and clean. I think often our e-learning courses look too formal or corporatey (if that’s a word). We think because it’s a serious topic that the visuals need to look serious. Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. I like this design because it doesn’t look like a typical corporate course. Yet it’s professional and engaging.
- The subtle animations work well. They get your attention, but they’re not gratuitous. Break down the course and look at how he used the animations.
- Leverages existing illustrations. He used an image from freepik to create the visual elements for his demo. As he says, “I mainly work on redesigning and adjusting images for my projects. It’s also a good way to learn how to design when you have to work on ready-made elements. I often try to add something more from myself to develop graphic skills.”
- Andrzej also shared the source file so you can open it up to see how he created the animated effects and other slides. You can find it in the recap post.
Look at what he did, find an image, and see what you can do to apply similar effects for your own template design.
Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider’s Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 19-22 (Washington DC). ATD International Conference & Expo. Come by the booth and say hi.
- June 3 & 4 (Toronto). Articulate Roadshow: sign up for one day or two. Learn more and register here (early bird ends April 30).
- June 6 (Halifax). Articulate Roadshow. Register today (early bird ends April 30).
- July 24 & 25 (Minneapolis). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends May 17).
- August 14 & 15 (Seattle). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends May 31).
- November 4 (Manchester, UK). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends October 4).
- November 5 & 6 (London, UK). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends October 4).
- November 8 (Edinburgh, UK). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- We’re currently working on additional locations and dates for 2019.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Get your free PowerPoint templates and free graphics & stock images.
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out
Getting Started? This elearning 101 series and the free e-books will help.