Author: Jeff Sauer
Go to Source
In both 2016 & 2017, I brought on an apprentice at Jeffalytics. It was one of the best decisions I could have made for the business. Both apprentices have advanced their skills significantly since we started working together and are still involved with the company!
This year, we are looking to add a customer acquisition focused apprentice to our team. This person will be heavily involved with paid media campaigns, conversion rate optimization, and every other method we discover for drawing in new customers. Here are the details for the 2019 program.
You are optimal
If you’ve taken my online courses or followed my blog for a while, you know that I find the quest to be “optimal” with marketing efforts both exhilarating and neverending.
The journey to optimal is the destination, and I want to give you a front-row seat.
Do you get excited by making small, incremental gains while running paid media campaigns? Are you pumped to log into Google Ads or Facebook Business Manager each day to tweak results? Do you bookmark direct URLs to your campaigns to save time?
Do you have a desire to work tirelessly to grow profitable campaigns, test new ad formats and networks, and position yourself at the bleeding edge of the digital advertising industry?
Then you might have what it takes to become my next Apprentice.
Paid advertising is my addiction – is it yours?
When I first got started building Google AdWords campaigns for clients, I became addicted to generating real-time results. It was hard to put the computer away. Day became night. My Netflix DVD envelopes began collecting dust (this was back when Netflix was a mail order service). I celebrated my first thousand dollars in spend managed like I just won the showcase showdown on the Price is Right.
Eventually, all those years playing video games paid off in the form of profits. I mastered the game of paid media.
Screw video games, playing with real money is much more exciting!
Over the years, I’ve continued to keep my skills sharp, but the time I have available to run my own campaigns has suffered as my training business (Data Driven) has taken off.
Now, I’m looking for an apprentice to build, develop, and optimize our customer acquisition efforts.
This is a career-making opportunity
I want to make you a star in the world of paid media by creating and generating ad campaigns that draw in millions in revenue each year. I want to give you a budget to try advertising on every platform imaginable, the assets to pull it off, and the guidance to build your skills to levels you never imagined.
Along the way, I will be teaching you how to think about paid ads, how to make better decisions, and how to form data driven arguments to secure budgets.
And I want to turn our one-on-one interactions and mentoring into a future training program released on Data Driven.
As you probably know, our products at Data Driven show marketers how to get more results by understanding the strategy behind their numbers. Showing how we build and optimize our own advertising campaigns is the perfect embodiment of that philosophy and has great potential to become a product in itself.
I’m not going to make you a rockstar (because rockstars leave a mess behind and die early), but I’m confident you’ll become an all-star after we work together.
What does a Customer Acquisition Apprentice do?
This apprenticeship program will give you hands-on experience working in the following disciplines:
- Paid Media – The bulk of your time will be spent building and tweaking paid media campaigns to promote our online programs. Any and all advertising platforms will be considered, and you will be the day to day manager of every program. Ever dreamed of testing podcast advertising vs. YouTube vs. Amazon? Here’s your chance. Everything is on the table.
- Conversion rate optimization – You will set up tests to optimize and improve the performance of landing pages, sales pages, opt-in forms, email marketing, and much more. You will set up A/B tests, think analytically, and suggest/implement constant improvements.
- Analytics – You will use analytics to inform your opinions and improve results, implementing multiple technologies to build a best in class solution.
- Automated Reporting – Working alongside the Data Driven team, we will develop dashboards that automate repetitive reporting tasks for internal campaigns, then polish up the best templates and make them into products we market to customers. Speaking of…
- Product Development – The ideal candidate will have a hand in our new product development process. We will use your research to inform product decisions and forecast potential revenue from advertising. Use your skills to inform product development, with the potential to even be the “on-air talent” for a future course.
- Product Launch Marketing – You will make sure our program is EVERYWHERE during new product launches. If there’s a way to remarket to a person who visited our sales page… whether it’s on the radio at the car dealership, or while they are getting an oil change, you’ll get us there.
- Education – You will learn from the best. The winning candidate will have access to all our Data Driven courses and meet with Jeff weekly to develop skills and measure progress toward targets.
- Sales – You will be exposed to our sales process and have the opportunity to suggest and implement improvements.
- Process – You will witness first-hand as our team develops proven processes for getting paid media results and contribute ways to tweak and make future improvements.
- Autonomy – You will have the autonomy to make decisions, put yourself out there, and make an impact across multiple aspects of the business.
- Exposure – Your name will be attached to the ultimate case study of growth through paid media.
- Tool-chest – You will become familiar with over 100+ sales, marketing, and analytics tools. You will learn their nuances, add to your toolbox, and have tangible experience that you can take with you.
- Culture – You will become part of a remote-work culture that spans multiple continents, time zones, and specialties.
Sounds like more than just a paid media management gig, doesn’t it?
That’s why we call it an apprenticeship.
The 2019 Paid Media/Customer Acquisition Apprenticeship with Jeffalytics
Much of my success as an internet marketer and entrepreneur came from two apprenticeship experiences, and this is my way of paying it forward.
Jeffalytics is seeking an apprentice (possibly more than one) to help grow my Data Driven and Jeffalytics business through paid media customer acquisition. This apprentice will work to complete objectives, grow leads, drive revenues, and generate profitable results for the business through paid advertising.
The apprentice will receive advice, autonomy, mentorship, inspiration and (most importantly) loads of experience for their efforts. And compensation as well.
Are you looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from a successful marketer? Then maybe we should work together.
The application process (each step is mandatory)
The goal is for this apprenticeship to last for 12 months, starting in July of 2019. Ideally, we will work together until you feel there is nothing left for you to learn.
If you are still interested, please complete the following steps.
Step 0: Listen to this Podcast Episode
In order to fully understand the value of mentorship, you need to listen to this episode from the Tropical MBA Podcast. It is a 37 minute listen, and is well worth your time, even if you have no interest in this apprenticeship.
Step 1: Fill out the form (deadline is July 8, 2019 at Midnight CST)
Fill out the form below as best as you can. You will immediately receive a percentage grade that shows how closely you fit that criteria that we are considering. While this does not necessarily prohibit you from being selected, if you are below 80%, your chances are not very good.
This form should take 5-10 minutes to fill out. Make sure to use your preferred email address so that I can reach out to you when the application process is complete.
The form is embedded at the bottom of this post.
Step 2: The Test (only sent to those who pass Step 1)
After step 1 completes and we have a list of viable candidates for the apprenticeship, we will be giving an assignment to determine the best candidate.
The assignment will involve a real-world problem Jeffalytics faces as a business and how the candidates will approach the solution. These details will only be sent out to the qualified candidates from Step 1.
You should also note that the work you submit in Step 2 becomes the property of Jeffalytics. I want to be up-front about this beforehand.
FAQs for the apprenticeship program
Isn’t this a lot of work?
Absolutely. It takes a lot of work to gain trust with someone you are meeting over the Internet, so we are both putting in a lot of effort to make this work.
Why would I want a Jeffalytics apprenticeship?
You are getting the opportunity to work with a world-class digital marketer. And by world-class, I truly mean all over the world (I have given speeches in 20+ countries since 2015). Not only that but the Jeffalytics team is currently spread out over 4 continents! This is truly a global organization and a unique opportunity for advancement.
I have generated billions (with a b) in revenue for clients using online marketing, tens of millions for my businesses, and multi-millions for myself. Jeffalytics has been featured in several top online publications, like Moz, the Official Google Analytics Blog, Search Engine Land and many many more. PPC Hero named me the #10 most influential PPC Expert for 2019.
How much will I get paid?
That is the wrong question to be asking. You shouldn’t be doing this for the short-term money. You should be doing this for the experience. But I don’t expect you to work for free. Compensation will be offered.
You will not get rich from this apprenticeship. But you will gain knowledge of how to generate wealth for yourself, start your own business, and own your work freedom.
If you have questions, you should be able to find my email address pretty easily. If you can’t even find my email address? Then you probably won’t make it as an apprentice.
The post Jeffalytics is Seeking a Customer Acquisition Apprentice – Apprenticeship Program 2019 appeared first on Jeffalytics.