Training Tuesday: Total Body Stability Superset Workout
Author: Ashley Ebenhoch
Go to Source
Full body stability training is a great way to target every muscle group while focusing core strength and balance work. Below is a 45 minute workout that you can incorporate to your workout regimen.
Equipment Needed: Weights and a Stability Ball
Warm up: 30 seconds of each exercise. 2 rounds.
Jump Rope (fake it if you don’t have access to a jump rope)
Running Glute Kicks
Lateral Shuffles (30 seconds right/30 seconds left)
Plank Shoulder Taps
Repeat each of the following super sets 3 times.
Super Set #1
- Weighted Reverse Lunge to a single leg balance. 10 reps each leg.
Step back with your right foot, holding a weight at chest level. Push through and step onto your front foot while bringing the weight overhead. Balance for 5 seconds and then repeat.
- Weighted Lateral Lunges. 15 reps each leg.Hold a weight and perform a lateral lunge bringing the weight to the floor during each rep.
Super Set #2
- Stability Ball Pike ups. 15 reps.Begin in a plank off the stability ball. The ball should be placed between your shoe laces and knees. Slowly pull your hips up towards the ceiling, while keep your legs straight and your shoulders directly over your wrists.
- Stability ball hamstring curls. 30 reps.Lay on your back and place your feet onto the stability ball. Drive your hips up towards the ceiling, activate your core and pull your heels towards your glutes and then push back to the starting position.
- Single Leg Clean and Press. 12 on each leg.Holding a single weight in your right hand, balance on your left foot and complete a clean and press without letting your right foot touch the ground.
- Stability Ball fly to a chest press. 12 reps.Lying on the stability ball with your head and neck supported, lift your hips and activate your glutes. Perform a fly to a chest press. 1 rep will consist of a fly and chest press.
Super Set #4
- Stability Ball Pull over. 15 reps.Lying on the stability ball with your head and neck supported, lift your hips and activate your glutes. Holding a weight with your elbows slightly bent, lower the weight behind your head. Squeeze your lats as your pull the weight back to the starting position.
- Stability Ball Hand Foot Transfers 15 reps.Lying your back, squeeze the stability ball between your ankles. Press your lower back into the mat and slowly lift the stability ball towards your hands. Grab the ball with your hands and slowly lower your legs back towards the ground, without allowing them to touch the mat. Reach the ball over your head and then move the ball back up towards the ceiling, transfer the ball back to your ankles and repeat.
Gentle .5 mile run followed by a full body stretch.
The post Training Tuesday: Total Body Stability Superset Workout appeared first on Mud Run, OCR, Obstacle Course Race & Ninja Warrior Guide.