How to Become a Successful E-Learning Developer
Go to Source
Between the blog posts, community interactions, workshops, and webinars one of the most frequently asked questions is how to get started with e-learning or become a better e-learning developer.
I’ve written about this in several previous posts that cover how to build your skills, create your personal brand, and maintain a portfolio. You can find previous posts and a really cool interaction below.
How to Build Your Skills
Here’s a list of some of the posts on personal development.
- How to Improve Your E-Learning Course Design Skills
- Do You Need to be a Programmer to Build E-Learning Courses?
- 5 Ways to Kickstart Your E-learning Career
- How to be Successful in the E-Learning Industry
- How to Hire an E-Learning Developer or Get an E-Learning Job
- The Role of Today’s Trainer
- Here’s How an E-Learning Portfolio Builds Your Skills
- Why You Need a Professional Portfolio
- Here’s What Needs to be in Your E-Learning Portfolio
- How to Create an E-Learning Portfolio
- 4 Ways to Build Your E-learning Skills This Summer
- 3 Ways to Save Your Training Job
Just Getting Started?
You know what’s better than reading a bunch of articles? Seeing it all in an e-learning module.
Sarah Hodge of SlideSugar recently shared a really great example of how to get started with e-learning. Not only is the content valuable, but it’s a demo worth deconstructing to glean ideas for your next e-learning course.
Be sure to check out the articles and Sarah’s e-learning example above.
What tips would you give to those who are just getting started or want to improve their e-learning design skills?
Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider’s Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- March 26-28 (Orlando). Learning Solutions Conference.
- April 10 (Madrid). E-Learning Workshop: workshop covers general e-learning topics and not tool-specific. Register now.
- April 12 (Milan). Digital Learning Tour: workshop will be in English. You can sign up for just my session if you don’t want the entire package.
- May 19-22 (Washington DC). ATD International Conference & Expo.
- June 3 & 4 (Toronto). Articulate Roadshow: sign up for one day or two. Learn more and register here (early bird ends April 30).
- June 6 (Halifax). Articulate Roadshow. Register today (early bird ends April 30).
- July 24 & 25 (Minneapolis). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends May 17).
- August 14 & 15 (Seattle). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends May 31).
- November 4 (Manchester, UK). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- November 6 & 7 (London, UK). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- November 8 (Edinburgh, UK). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- We’re currently working on additional locations and dates for 2019.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out